The city of Heppner is the county seat of Morrow County, Oregon, United States. It was originally called Standsbury Flat for George W. Standsbury, one of the first white settlers in the area. It was later renamed to honor Henry Heppner, a Jewish pioneer who opened the first general store there in 1873. The population was 1,291 at the 2010 census.
Heppner is part of the Pendleton-Hermiston Micropolitan Area, defined by the United States Census Bureau as an area consisting of two counties in Oregon anchored by the cities of Pendleton and Hermiston.
Pendleton–Hermiston Micropolitan Area
Places with more than 10,000 inhabitants
Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Mission (census-designated place)
- Pilot Rock